Saturday, January 15, 2011

Continuity

I was flicking through the channels and came across Troy.

If ever there was a movie in which no-one gave a damn about continuity, this is it.

To begin with, the Trojan war went on for a good 10 years. The movie pegs the war at about three days, maybe four.

With each morning, there's a lovely shot of the sun rising... from Troy's western shore.

When the civilians are running into Troy as the greeks arrive, if you look carefully, you'll see my favourite extra: a Llama.

Not to mention the fact that Aeneas is practically a child. The man was in his thirties and carryign his crippled father on his back when he fled Troy.

And there was no sword of Troy. Srsly guys.

And that wasn't even getting started on the historical innacuracies, but since I don't have several hours on my hands, I'm not going to bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment