Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Last Day of Semester - a garden variety blog post

The last day of semester.

This means I get to spend the next two weeks freaking out as I attempt to finish my HEX major work and memorise the marches for ANZAC day.

Bugger.

But today was, in my opinion a good day.

The day began at 7.30 when I woke up, looked at my clock, and then swore profusely because I needed to leave for my bus at 7.40.

Needless to say I missed that one.

Period one was Latin, which as usual was replete with Monica insinuating numerous things which ought not be insinuated, and with Mezentius being squished by his horse, after which our teacher told us a story about when he was in high school... in other words, mildly unproductive.

During periods two and three, I had a double free period in which I did my chemistry homework. I really need to be more organised. I also should have done the creative writing piece I was meant to hand in yesterday, but instead I did the crossword from Women's Day magazine. As usual, those crosswords make me feel intelligent to no end.

Period four was chem, in which we learned about galvanism. We also got to see what an iron nail looks like when it's soaked overnight in a solution of copper sulfate. It looks pretty nasty.

Five and six were history in which we finished watching Leni Riefenstahl's 'Triumph des Willens' (Triumph of the Will). This was followed by a wide ranging and in depth political discussion about the nature of Nazism, adoption of little African children and the Stolen Generation. I love history.

I wrote my creative writing thingy during periods 4-6. It was meant to be on Belonging. I don't think I adressed Belonging at all.

Although on the upside, my teacher already thinks I'm a dropkick, so it's not like his estimation of me is able to drop further.

Periods seven and eight were maths, in which we ate hot crossed buns and watched youtube. Our maths teacher is awesome.

We watched a bunch of videos, but two which stood out for me were 'Octopodi' and 'Kiwi!'

Octopodi relates to the love two cartoon octopuses have for each other. It's cute.

Kiwi! on the other hand was out of this world. I almost cried.

Enjoy the holidays everyone. I'll try not to drag this blog into the black pool of misery I am bound to become as I attempt to finish my major work. Who knows. I might actually get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment