Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Winter Solstice

Today (Monday) is the winter solstice.

Various events have transpired:

I’ve been moved back into the adolescent ward (gods be praised).

Hannah was discharged. Kelsey and I will miss her. We’ll compensate by going to Nowra in the holidays to stalk her.

I found out that I’m going to the US for a week in august on frequent flier points when mum goes to San Jose CA for a conference. Hells to the motherloving yeah.

And we decided we’d try to stay up all night. This will be the moment-to-moment account of what happens.

8.15 – Holly has a copy of Shrek 3. We shall watch it. It’s probably going to be underwhelming, but such is existence.

9.15 – I’ve been typesetting guitar chords in preparation for the BJE campfire sing-along. This year is going to pwn in the extreme.

9.20 – Holly has put the disc in the playstation console. It’s a pirated DVD and thus didn’t work. What a quandary. No matter – we’ll watch Sherlock Holmes. I personally am not a fan of Robert Downey Jr. – he creeps me out.

Oh well.

11.20 – Sherlock Holmes is finished. It was markedly good. I’m actually developing an affinity for RDJ. The plan of staying up all night has been abandoned due to lack of interest coupled with existing fatigue.

And so now I am sitting in the communal room typing, as the rest of the girls bitch about the fact that they’re not allowed to close the curtains around their beds (new mandate, enforced beginning today).

Oh well. Tata all.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE RDJ! He is one sexy man! ;)
    LOL and when are you coming back woman?! Funny letter btw. Hahahaha.
    And I hate you for being able to go to the US. Right around when we have trials :(

    ReplyDelete