Thursday, August 12, 2010

Piano Lessons and Typing

I had piano lessons when I was about five. The only thing about it that benefited me was the fact that I could read music at the end of it. I couldn't play for shit, that's for sure. I've had to teach myself on that front.

The only lasting effect (again, apart from the ability to read music) is the fact that these days, when I finish typing a sentence, I'll do that floaty hand thing pianists do.

It's kind of weird. I've also noticed that I use correct piano hand shape when I'm actually typing.

End result: I'm towards the lower reaches of mediochre with regard to playing piano, but I type with panache.

Also, thanks to YY's blog, I no longer have any desire to see Inception. I in fact have a valid excuse not to, which means my older sister isn't going to drag me along to another bloody Leonardo DiCaprio movie. Thank the heavens.

No comments:

Post a Comment