Saturday, July 10, 2010

Anger and Disappointment

Before I start my rant, I do realise that I'm blogging, which means that my lovely friends are about to be once again burdened with my whining. You guys know I love you.

Aaaaaaaaaanywhom.

As I'm sure you're all aware, I spent almost 8 weeks in hospital. As those who frequent my facebook page will know, I was discharged on monday. This is just background info to make the rest of my rant make more sense.

Since I haven't attended school in ages, I'm somewhat out of touch with the happenings. So I just found out that CHS debating trials are coming up. And I missed the deadline.

Let's be serious here. The debating and public speaking co-ordinators both know that I'm the best they've got (I know I'm blowing my own horn, but it's the truth), and yet I have only been entered in the competitions that I went to the effort of entering myself in.

Let's start with the Lions club Youth of the Year competition. Each school is eligible to enter two students. I was stonewalled by our bitch of a principal because my sheet of extra-curriculars was exponentially more impressive than that of our school captain. IT'S NOT MY FAULT I DO MORE THAN HER. I was somewhat platified however by the assurance that I would be entered in every other public speaking and debating thing that year.

Rostrum Voice of Youth: only the students who entered themselves without the input of the school were registered by the time the deadline came around. Thank heavens I was proactive.

Premier's Debating Challenge: I'm the reason my team has speeches at the end of the hour's prep. Enough said.

Sydney Morning Herald Public Speaking comp.: year 11s were entered. So that they could gain experience. IF THEY'RE IN YEAR 11 AND THEY STILL NEED EXPERIENCE WITH PUBLIC SPEAKING COMPETITIONS, THEN THEY CLEARLY DON'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, AND THEY SHOULDN'T BE GIVEN MY SPOTS IN COMPETITIONS.

And now CHS debating trials. Each school is eligible to send three students. Apparently St George only sent one this year. NO MATTER WHO IT IS, I'M BETTER THAN HER. I'M THE BEST DEBATER THIS SCHO0OL HAS, AND IT KILLS ME THAT I'M NOT BEING ALLOWED TO ENTER THESE COMPETITIONS. IT'S RIDICULOUS.

I am the best this school has at talking. It sounds conceited, but there is no-one else at my school who can give a convincing ten minute speech on a topic she doesn't necessarily agree with or even know anything about, a topic which she was given without any time to prepare. I can debate without any preparation whatsoever, I write speeches that adjudicators love. I've had scholarship offers purely on the merit of my speaking ability.

SO WHY AM I NOT BEING ENTERED. JUST BECAUSE I'M NOT THERE TO PESTER THEM DOES NOT MEAN THEY CAN JUST GIVE UP ON ENTERING ME IN COMPETITIONS. I WAS IN HOSPITAL. CUT ME SOME SLACK HERE.

I'm pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment