Sunday, July 11, 2010

King Street and Broadway

I was at Usyd today, again.

Sarah, who is currently at the AMUNC conference, also at Usyd, realised once we had arrived at the uni that she lacked black flats, in which she would walk from the uni to Newtown, where the various committees of delegates were to be having dinner tonight.

Thus I was dispatched to get her the shoes before 5 pm.

To start with, I walked along King Street looking for Flying Penguin, which is the most fantastic toy store I have ever entered. It's so unspeakably cool. I got a voodoo doll phone charm. It's a brown dinosaur wearing glasses.

On my way back up King Street, I got a tube of silver paint at one of the art stores - I intend to pimp my Ukulele. It's going to be black with silver edging and iridescent bubbles painted on.

I also went to Vinnies. Good lord some of the stuff in there was tacky. I did however get a light blue cotton jumper (same jumper, different colour to the picture). Unfortunately, this means I can't wear them with my one pair of jeans, which are also light blue. I also got some sunglasses which make me look like my aunt Toby, but I'm cool with that.

I then went to Broadway. On the way there, I walked past victoria Park. It has the most fantastic playground I have seen in ages. There's a giant flying fox that you sit on, and a spherical spider's web, and one of those giant tilted dish thingies that you sit on and spin around and all sorts of other marvellous things. I'm totally planning to go for a play tomorrow when it's less damp.

At Broadway, I browsed Dymocks first, and got myself a notebook. It has a print of the Gutenberg bible on it, and the embellishments are 3D with metallic paint and all sorts of awesome illumination. And I got $5.50 off because I had points on my Dymocks card. I then got on with getting Sarah some crappy black flats from Cotton On.

As it turned out, the flats were one for $15 or two for $20, so I got myself a pair in silver. Because I like shiny things. I also got a 3pack of trashy mailpolish for 50c. The colours were black, pink and blue. The pink and blue ones were metallic, so I'm going to use them to paint the bubbles.

I then returned to the University and knitted for half an hour before I was able to give Sarah the shoes. I'm knitting gloves.

Sarah was so impressed with my $3.50 sunnies that I am to get a pair for Mimi to wear when on choir tour.

I did some marvellously fun shopping today. It was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment