Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Chivalry

This morning I had to catch the bus with my Tuba. It's unwieldly, heavy, the wheels don't function properly, and it has a turnign circle larger than that of the Titanic.

Usually, the bus, after I get on at Blakehurst High wends its way through Carss Park, Kogarah Bay and Carlton before arriving at Kogarah where it divests itself of passengers in order to reverst the journey back to Hurstville.

Today however, as I was wresting the evil plastic monstrosity fo a case (overpackaging much?), the bus driver said that he would continue on to my school after reachign Kogarah (according to Cityrail, it's another 700m. It's not that difficult with the tuba - the wheels may not function properly, but at least they function - it's just irriatating when the Kogarah High kids ask me whether I have a body in tere. As if I'd tell them if I did.)

Thanks bus driver.

Chivalry isn't dead.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god Adela, this afternoon I got on the 2.50 bus and I showed the driver my bus pass and everything and then he gave THE WEIRDEST LOOK, I swear it was as if I was fucking mental or something. I went to my seat, really confused. I think I may have shown him my T-card, which I keep with my bus pass. oooooooooooops I'm an idiot. BUT SERIOUSLY, HE COULD HAVE JUST TOLD ME. NO NEED TO LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT.

    ReplyDelete