Saturday, May 15, 2010

Freedom

Today I obtained leave from the hospital for a day. It was markedly enjoyable in comparison to incarceration.

I played Lacrosse, and then was able to access block-less internet.
Which is why I'm blogging.

The problem is, hospital is so ridiculously boring that there's nothing to blog about.

And thus a little experiment I've dreamed up:

METALLICA OR JOHN DONNE

I will write a line of either a Metallica song or a John Donne poem, and you all get to guess which it is. No typing it into google. That's boring. And unethical.
  1. For whom the bell tolls.
  2. Trust I seek and I find in you.
  3. Dispute, and conquer.
  4. Corrupt worms.
  5. Justice is done.
  6. Let my heart be still.
  7. Fall on that man.
  8. So what now, where go I?
  9. Take my hand.
  10. He swallows us.

Have at it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Seeing as I am not familiar with either of them, I would like to chip in a useless comment. 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' is Hemingway. But you already know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, nice. I thought I would visit your blog just 'cause I'm bored, and yes, look what I found :P
    Unfortunately my Metallica/John Donne knowledge is lacking, especially as I haven't even heard of the latter
    BUT
    1. For whom the bell tolls - umm you basically gave the answer
    2. Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
    ...
    And that's about it, except I know the line from no. 6, but can't for the life of me remember what song it's from

    Oh, and 'cause you're probably wondering who the fuck this is, it's Mersini
    Another funny thing, my word verification was "portmen" it reminded me of postmortem, and being the strange child that I am, I found that amusing, ok, enough stupidity from me today I think

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. number six is from Mama Said. And is this Metallica.

    ReplyDelete