Saturday, April 24, 2010

Books

I went to the library on friday afternoon. I was pleased with what I found. New books by all three of my favourite authors.

To start with, I found the Asa Larson book I'd been looking for. I'd read the first and third in her series, but for some reason the St George Library system had failed to get the second. No matter.

It's Swedish murder fiction. There's also an element of psycho thriller in there which is why I love her books.

There was also a Camilla Lackberg book which had just come in, which was markedly delightful.

I suppose I just like Swedish Psycho-thrillers starring women who would normally not be involved with crime solving.
There's something refreshing about their style of writing, the way in which everything is to the point, without any buggering around the point.

I also got some books by Charlaine Harris, which I immediately read.

She writes vampire fiction, but in such a plausible way that one is able to relate to the characters. To a certain extent, it's just trashy fiction, but I love it. I really need to watch TrueBlood, the series based upon the books. I'll get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment