Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Latin for the day

Last term I was informed that I am the whore of the Latin Class. Apparently I've been getting a hell of a lot of some lately.

I seem not to have noticed that this getting of some was taking place, but who knows.

This stems from a minor dalliance carried out whilst in New Zealand on school band tour.

Go figure.

Everyone then made some comments that whilst innocuous in context, would sound rather off colour if reproduced. Unfortunately, I don't remember them, otherwise I would most definitely post them. More's the pity.

I did manage to recall these gems from class today.

Mr Morrison: The next day, Verres started playing Silly Buggers.

Me: I just spoonerised 'witty banter'.

Mr Morrison: The slave wars of Spartacus didn't spread across to Sicily.
Mersini: That's probably because he [Verres] paid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment